Monday, September 23, 2013

MBTI/True Colors

I think that my Myers Briggs test was a little inaccurate. I received an ENFP classification and I think it may have been a little off. I do agree that I see life as “full of possibilities” and I do believe in looking for the best possible outcome and that it is best to have high expectations. I also believe that I make connections between events and information very quickly, and confidently proceed based on the patterns I see. For example, through my work as the Panhellenic Vice President of Recruitment, I have worked to link our organization with others on campus. This year, I have pushed to incorporate BuckeyeThon into our recruitment as much as possible, because I think that it is a symbiotic relationship. We help BuckeyeThon with their marketing and events, and for Recruitment, we reinforce that we are values-based organizations. Our emphasis on philanthropy is accentuated and we present a positive image to the PNM’s. I like to think that I am supportive and give appreciation, because my team is incredible. We have so many different personalities, I am so excited to see how they all come together during the actual recruitment process, and I want the directors to be able to use their own creativity to come up with the best solutions possible. One of our directors has already come up with an alternative marketing plan, and we’ve changed our website accordingly, so I am glad that my team feels comfortable making changes and taking initiative, and I hope they feel supported me in the process. I also feel as though I rely on my verbal fluency. After years of speaking in front of groups and taking public speaking courses, I do feel comfortable with my verbal fluency. However, I don’t believe I rely on the affirmation of others, there have been many times I have been the one to voice unpopular opinions, and stand on my own. Sometimes that has made me seem harsh, so I also think that “warm” may not be the best adjective to describe me. But all in all, I think more details fit my description than those that did not, so I believe my reading was close. I do agree with Kristen’s suggestion that I may be an ENTP instead of an ENFP.

No comments:

Post a Comment